( thoughts. quite short actually. may still be in a joy haze. )
And now to wander around the internet checking out other peep's thoughts. Well, possibly bed first, but tomorrow, I read!
|You're viewing heystasa's journal|
Create a Dreamwidth Account Learn More
Oh my god, you guys. You guys, seriously, oh my god. I could just die, oh my god. It was like, awesome, like, oh my god.
Okay, so, today, in National and Transnational Cinemas, during the break between the lecture and the film screening, I bumped into my friend from Film Music, and she invited me to come and sit with her for the film. So I did, and, ohmigod, guess who was on my other side?
Seriously. Oh my god. It was amazing, you will not even believe. It's like, the best thing that has ever happened in a film lecture ever.
Completely by accident and with no creepy manipulation from me at all, I totally sat next to The Boy Who Looks Like River Phoenix!!! For two whole hours. Oh my god I could die, it was so cool. Now I want to stalk him even more. Ohmygod. It was everything I ever dreamed it would be.
I just tried to find a good picture to illustrate what I'm talking about, given the completely unacceptable proportion of people I know who don't know who River Phoenix is or why I'm so in love with him, but the best one I could find that also compliments the features he shares with the Boy Who Looks Like River Phoenix is this one. It's not a great shot, it completely doesn't capture that quality of unutterably beautiful devastating vulnerability that he has, or the way he holds his head down, as though he can't bring himself to look the camera in the eye - but picture him there with blacker hair, lighter skin, and a slightly skinnier frame and you have the Boy Who Looks Like River Phoenix.
Who I sat next to today. And whom I kind of want to stalk (or, at the very least, I'd be amazingly happy if he turns out to be in the tutorial I'm transfering to on Monday) just so I can look at him.
Best day ever. Seriously.
And all of you go watch My Own Private Idaho.
1) In the name of visitors and essays (FREUD. Dear sweet crap FREUD), I've been sort of avoiding LJ the last couple of weeks - apart from popping up on comms in the name of procrastination. So HI! f-list, sorry to be so silent. I feel rude, but really want to stay on top of work. But the light of the essay tunnel and therefore social interaction is in sight! Only a few more days! Huzzah!
2) "This is no more a chateau than it's my left leg!" "By any measure, that is a bastard of a sentence."
Oh Germaine Greer, don't ever change.
3) CRAIG IS BACK ON HOLLYOAKS TODAY OMG
(Obligatory shuttup trashy British soaps are AWESOME and Guy Burnet has a nose the Ancient Greeks and Michelangelo would have KILLED FOR disclaimer. Don'tjudgeme.)
ETA: With a new (fantastic) haircut and STUBBLE. DID I MENTION THE STUBBLE??
Also, I haven't watched since Craig left months ago, so I have no idea what's going on. This Newt chap looks like Nancy after a sexchange. But I think that's probably not right.
4) So I was out the other day, and saw someone wearing this t-shirt. And for reasons that are honestly completely (well, mostly) unrelated to slash (unlike my fondness for Hollyoaks, the origins of which can pretty much be entirely traced back to my fondness for pretty boys kissing and angsting),
OMFREAKINGG I want it I want it I want it.
I could only find that one photo online, and I need this shirt, peeps. It would freak people the freck out and oh the pop culture and the brilliance of taking the original art style and turning it on it's head and kljhsflsa I AM IN LOVE. Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy this thing? I will pay with blood if needs be.
5) 'Peeps' is my favourite word right now, homes. ('Homes' (sp?) is a close second.)
Right! Right! Right! Back to Freud! Okay! Yes! ...Right. Freud. Yes.